1. We moved! It hasn’t been an easy summer. At least I still have a home art studio and I’m really working on it to be as cool and efficient as the last one. We got SO comfortable at our last house, and it was really hard to leave, but I guess you have to when the owners want their house back! Renting is NO fun.
2. I’m pregnant! It’s been pretty fun getting to know the little guy whose due December 1. He sure does kick a lot! I have made lots of modifications to my art practice, namely, using gouache. And I must say, thanks baby, I have been having quite the affair with gouache! It’s also been fun drooling over Pinterest nursery photos. It’s a whole new space to imagine, curate and make super cute! The daddy and I are excited to have a new addition to our music-filled arty home.
I have also really enjoyed reading Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth and Spiritual Midwifery. One of my bestest friends in the whole world will be my doula. We met when we were 12, in the bike racks at school, and I stayed the night at her house the first day we met. So I am very excited about this whole process and to be able to share it with such great loving people.
3. I launched a new website! There’s gotta be something in the water, we have a very website entrepreneur home (you might remember Brian has his sites MovieWeb, TVWeb et. al and is also about launch a brand new website and app any day now! I have courtneyoquist.com, artistscookbook.com, also a new site over at courtneyoquist.weebly.com and now Craftunity.com!) For a year or so I wanted to create a website that listed the Art & Craft shows in your area to make it easier for vendors and visitors alike to find cool local shows. Well instead of waiting around, I just one day decided to build it. It’s a very simple version now, and one day I might be able to build a more fancy version with user accounts and image uploads. And things might be more automated. But for now, it’s functional, and it does the job. Brian said I might get a database for Christmas! Some girls want diamonds, a new car, or vacations–I want a database!
4. I think those were the big ones. But I do have some art featured in a few books by The Handmade Home! The books will officially be released this November + December in bookstores + specialty stores across the nation. You can pre-order here:
5. And of course I’m still teaching! I have a small round of classes that start this week at the Huntington Beach Art Center. You can view the classes here. And that will be my last session until after the New Year. I am very excited to be home with baby throughout the holidays.